Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dinner tonight

I've been food-obsessed. I joined a CSA about a month ago, and have been cooking all the time because I have so much produce around that I have to use before it goes bad.

Tonight I decided to make leek and bacon quiche. It makes a pair of them, so I'll freeze one to break out some lazy night this winter when I don't have the energy to spend three hours on dinner. I had a busy, crazy weekend of travel and socializing and little sleep, and today I'm paying for it with a sore throat. When I'm coming down with something, I either crave vegetables or something really heavy and fatty. The vegetable cravings happen less frequently. The quiches are in the oven right now, and in a few minutes should be ready to come out. They may not be the greatest quiche that anyone's ever made, but it's so satisfying to have food that I made myself, from scratch. Food in which I know every ingredient. It feels better to eat it—my body is happier, my mind is happier. This is a simple idea that I need to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment