Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday miscellany


  • I have a guest post up over at Traveling Marla! I'm very excited that Marla let me take over her blog for a day, so make sure to check it out. 
  • The factory conditions in Bangladesh have been in the news a lot the last few weeks. It is an evolving, unimaginably horrific situation, and I've been struggling to figure out how to look at it, think about it, and do something about it. I'm not having much luck, but I was greatly touched to read this article about a woman who survived for 17 days in the basement of the collapsed factory and was rescued yesterday. A brief ray of hope in the midst of a lot of terrible news. 
  • Does anyone know what this plant is? Our best guess is some variety of rhododendron, but the six leaves don't quite fit with that. Boyfriend's hand (and snazzy shoe) included for scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment